Sunday, December 9, 2012


Inhale, Book 1 of the Just Breathe Trilogy by Kendall Gray, was pretty fantasmic.

I am relatively new to the world of Elemental PNR and I was a bit wary at first. But then again, I was wary of Trolls and you know what happened when I finally read the Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking (I loved it). Plus, I couldn’t pass up a free book. I should have learned and I definitely did.

Like I said. Fantasmic.

No, this was not a erotica thriller with sex, raunchy sex, kinky sex and general smut smut thrown around for an extra good measure of good ol’ hedonistic sex. Of course, don’t get me wrong, Kendall Gray does not disappoint when exploring the relationship between Zoe and Gavin. Kendall Gray just adds so much *more* to her story.

I love how Kendall Gray threw us into the Elemental world with no lengthy introductions or overly long descriptive prose. I stumbled a bit since the terminology was unfamiliar and the players not fully revealed. In fact, even by the end, the author left us still treading in the Elementals world. While she explores the feelings between Zoe and Gavin pretty extensively, she is able to flesh out her secondary characters with delicious glimpses into their hidden backgrounds. Everyone is playing a game in this series and as readers, we still don’t know all the rules. And I love it. Can’t wait to read the rest of the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment